Saturday, December 09, 2006

Week 6 of 18: Cross

So, for the past six weeks, I've been struggling to complete just my runs, and have ignored the little day of the week that says I should XT. This week, I had it in me to get my bike out and go for a short ride. I only rode about 20 minutes, which is actually hardly worth it, but traffic was really heavy and I'm a little scared of riding my bike on busy streets. I puttered around my neighborhood and went up and down some big hills (still as fun as it was when I was a kid), tested myself on the street with actuall traffic going by, and then got just tired enough to call it quits.

Next week I hope to go into Griffith Park and tool around in there for a while, if I can get up early enough to avoid the scary traffic.

2 comments:

wamez said...

Cool! Just a heads up, I was talking to a co-worker who does a lot of mountain biking and I mentioned that I thought it would be cool to do it in Griffith and his eyes flashed and he said that you really aren't allowed to ride around the trails in Griffith and to make sure I didn't get caught.

Obviously the roads are fine. And the trails might be fine too, we have no conclusive evidence. But it appears to be a mountain biker taboo.

Tamara said...

Yeah, there are a few trails in Griffith Park where I've noticed actual "No Biking" signs. I was planning on just using the regular road with the bike path on it.