Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Week 1: Run 1 of 4

Distance: 2 miles
Temp: Dark and brisk
Course: Moderate (House to Vermont and back, some hills.)
Pace per mile: 11:35 (heh, I thought I was so much faster than my last run...)

I have been putting off running. I keep deciding I'm too tired or hungry or just burnt out and instead I sit on the couch and feel bad about myself. Shame spiral!

The run was good. I felt like I was pushing much harder than I did on Sunday and I either have my distances totally off or I'm just pretty out of shape. I'm guessing it's the latter. Considering I ran the marathon at about the pace I'm running now (can that be right?) I think I need to step it up. I'm also trying to be sure I don't hurt myself.

This week I'm probably getting off to a bad start because unless I drag my ass out of bed in the morning, I'm not going to get another run in. Off to New York tomorrow night!

No comments: