Monday, March 06, 2006

Week 14: Run 3

Scheduled: 5
Actual: 4
RPE: 3

It is safe to say I am burned the fuck out. I did this run on Sunday, after I did Run 4. I just couldn't bring myself to put running clothes on Friday night. Just. Couldn't. Do it. So, since I knew I was going to be in a slinky dress, I decided that I would run on Sunday morning instead and I would feel better about putting my body in a dress that I could not wear a bra, or even a 'sliming undergarment' (read: girdle) in.

So, I ran 4 instead of five. I ran 10 on Saturday instead of 9. It all evens out. And, I'm just absolutely tired of training. I have never trained for something before. I was on the Basketball team in high school for 2 years, and the most training we did was two weeks of practice before games started then it was scaled way back. And b-ball practice is fun, because for the most part you aren't doing line drills. You're learning plays and skills. What was my point? Oh yeah. I haven't trained for anything before. Nothing that I couldn't test out of. Have you guys ever taken a computer training course for work? I did once at this hotel I worked at when we went from what was basically a DOS based system to windows. I learned it in one hour. We had a week of training. By the end of day one, my training person told me I should stop and just help everyone else. Which... what was my point? Oh yeah. I can't test out of this training. The marathon is in two weeks. I'm nervous. But also sick to fucking death of running.

No comments: