Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My abusive relationship with the scale

On Monday I decided to take the evening off and not go on a walk or a run. It had been a while since I just sat my ass down on the couch instead of struggling into the sports bra and it felt glorious. Then I couldn't get to sleep. Then when I finally got up in the morning the scale taunted me by saying I gained a pound. I weigh myself every morning. I know it's not really productive, and the human body fluctuates a lot throughout the week but I do it. And yesterday I was pissed. Then I put on my magic outfit and got two compliments about how skinny I looked. It makes no sense. Anyway, because I remembered how awesome it was to fit into every pair of jeans I owned, I went for a run. This morning, the scale told me I had lost two pounds. So, obviously I need to stop stepping on the scale, but I am compelled to. It's my best motivation.

Monday 7/17/07 - Nada
Tuesday 7/18/07 - Jog 2 miles, Walk 2 miles

No comments: