Monday, January 28, 2008

Next I'll be requesting hot water with lemon

I hadn't eaten a thing all day except a hasty bad idea handful of chocolate chips washed down with a non-fat vanilla latte, and after cleaning the apartment, loading up another car load of crap from what I've decided is the apartment version of a bag of worms, I was starving and needed a drink. Not true. That is a lie, what I really needed was to go for a run, but it was just about to start pouring, I had a date with Tara and I was feeling very sad about being done with that apartment. So I really wanted a drink. Badly.

I went to the store to drop off the stupid steam cleaner and decided I needed to pick something up to eat, also, I knew Tara wouldn't have any white wine, so I needed that as well. As I was purusing the junk food aisles I felt nothing. Not a single chip cried out to be eaten, not a single cookie, instead I heard a weird noise coming from the produce section. It sounded like, "Eat me. You want a salad. And fruit. " What?

So, I bought a spinach salad, some pre-cut pineapple and a half a honey dew melon. It was quite possibly the most satisfying meal (with the wine, of course) I've had in a while.

I seriously don't know what is becoming of me. I hope this doesn't mean I'm getting old.

Rest assured, I made up for it by ordering French fries and another glass of wine later that night. I think I canceled out the positive effects. Maybe on purpose.

2 comments:

Beth. said...

My fresh veg intake plummets in the winter. Sounds like you were craving crispy freshie fresh. Wine and all.

Run or no run, fries or no fries. The decisions all add up and take away. Yay, you, T.

Tamara said...

I've been eating nothing but a gigantic spinach salad every day for lunch pretty much since then. With no real hunger. It's so filling and satisfying. Yay, spinach!