Friday, February 29, 2008

Book Club Run

I know it's probably a bad idea, but I feel the need to tell you about it. Book club is tonight. Normally I drive all the way back to the East Side, walk Lula and then Louie would come home and she wouldn't be alone for all that long. Now that Louie is gone, and I live alone, it doesn't seem fair to leave Lula alone all day, then get a quick walk, only to be left alone all night, not to mention the fact that I'm driving a ridiculous amount extra because of book club that I almost quit because of some personality conflicts.

So today I brought Lula to work with me. I work in an incredibly dog friendly environment given the other circumstances, so yeah, I get to bring my dog pretty much whenever I need to, but I can't bring her every day. Anyway, I brought Lula and I brought my running clothes. We went for a run, and I'm going to straight from work to book club. Now here's the part where I get judged. And Lula is going to sit in the car... Yeah. I know! But I've done it before and she's fine. She is exhausted at the moment because we just went for a long run and I think I deserve a night with the book ladies drinking wine, eating cheese without driving an extra 30 miles to do it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I need a mid day dog walker.

2/29/08 - 2.86 miles

No comments: