Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Week 11: Run 1

Scheduled: 5
Actual: 5
RPE: 4

It's been really warm in LA the past couple of days, so last nights run was kind of a treat because I didn't have to bundle up. Also, the route I take lays next to Griffith Park, and there are interesting warm and hot pockets that you run through, I guess because of the canyons.

I managed to get really startled by a huge stompy man with wild dredlocks pounding down the sidewalk towards me. For some reason I was really involved in my own head and didn't notice him until he literally was right next to me. I clutched my chest and said something to the effect of 'my stars!' Actually, I think it was more like, "Holy Jesus shit!" Then I promised myself I would pay better attention so someone wouldn't be able to jump out of the bushes and murder me. And then I got startled again.

I really shouldn't run alone. I'm a danger to myself.

No comments: