Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Week 10: Run 2

Scheduled: 8
Actual: 8
RPE: 5

Ok. Seriously. Can someone please give me a fucking break!?! I swear to all that is holy (I don't even believe in HOLY!) I'm up to fucking here (indicates outer stratosphere of Universe) of the goddamned injuries! This is all happening because when I first was reading my marathon training book where they talk about injuries, I was all smug and smirky, "I never get injured!" I played basketball for two years, and I did get injured, I had to have my ankles wrapped before every practice and every game. We had 2 weeks of intense practice before our season, and I got injured, I don't know how I thought I was impervious to injury, but somehow I did. Boy howdy, did the Universe show lil' ol' me.

I pulled my goddamned Achilles last night. At least that's what it feels like. I'm so irritated right now. I've gone 10 weeks, and it seems like every goddamned week it's something new. Week 1, my damned heart was all fluttery. Weeks 2-5 I had quad pain, Weeks 6-now my stupid knee has been acting up and NOW, goddamnit I can hardly walk because of my stupid Achilles tendon.

I'm about to give up. This is fucking ridiculous. It's a good thing tonight is a rest night.

No comments: