Monday, February 27, 2006

Week 13: Run 4

Scheduled: 18
Actual: 18
RPE: 4

So, my last super long run until the marathon. It was hard. Really hard. But I think most of it was mental. My body wasn't in quite as much pain as it was last week, but I was really stressed out for a large part of the run. I chalk that up to it being my last chance to really push my body until the marathon and overthinking it. Thinking at mile 13 that during the marathon, I'll only be halfway there. At mile 16, during the marathon I'll have 10 more miles to go. At mile 18 that during the marathon, I'll I'll only be 75% finished. Then I started thinking, what was I going to do once I was finished training? So, needless to say, the last long run was the toughest I've ever had.

I can't believe that in three weeks, I'll be finished. Then what?

No comments: