Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sat. Oct. 21st

Distance: 4 miles
Weather: Nice, dusk
Course: Up Los Feliz to Western and back
Pace: 12:40 per mile

I was feeling a little weird about posting how ridiculously slow I ran that 4 miles, but I figured there's about 2 people reading and I know those people will only silently judge me instead of sending me mocking e-mails about how I should just call it "Bouncy walking" and give up.

Anyway, I haven't run farther than 2 miles in... months? I don't know, it's been a long time. The last time I did I got such bad cramps I had to walk for a while. This time I got a small stitch in my side on one of the upsides of the rolling hills on Los Feliz Blvd. Other than that, I felt fine if not extremely exhausted. I think I need to start with the multi-vitamin again and get the Gatorade going before these longer runs.

Today, I cross train by going for a short hike in Griffith Park.

1 comment:

wamez said...

And tell the pleasant prince this mock of his
Hath turn'd his balls to gun-stones; and his soul
Shall stand sore charged for the wasteful vengeance
That shall fly with them: for many a thousand widows
Shall this his mock mock out of their dear husbands;
Mock mothers from their sons, mock castles down;
And some are yet ungotten and unborn
That shall have cause to curse the Dauphin's scorn.
But this lies all within the will of God,
To whom I do appeal; and in whose name
Tell you the Dauphin I am coming on,
To venge me as I may and to put forth
My rightful hand in a well-hallow'd cause.
So get you hence in peace; and tell the Dauphin
His jest will savour but of shallow wit,
When thousands weep more than did laugh at it.
Convey them with safe conduct. Fare you well.

- Henry V

I'm careful who I mock. Bouncy walking for 4 miles is hard work (I did some today). And cramps always suck.