Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Week -1 of 18: 3 Miles

That's week negative one. I'm a dork and didn't read my calendar right. oops! So I have 19 weeks until the marathon, which strangely (or not, I don't know) makes me feel so much better.

Distance: 3 miles
Weather: Crisp, dark
Course: 1 mile on the track, 2 on rolling hills
Pace: 11:45 per mile

I felt good this run, I was pushing it a little (which you can't really tell by my pace) but I didn't feel like I was over doing it. I got whooped at 3 times (yes, I counted) and I enjoyed my music. Which incidentally, I've totally taken over Tavia's comment section with suggestions, if you're reading this and have any for her go on over and give her some, mine are veeeery pop and mostly old. I'm sure she'd appreciate a different view point.

It was a great way to start this training program. And I just want to remember that in 19 weeks. 19 long and hard weeks.

No comments: