Saturday, October 14, 2006

Saturday, Oct. 14th

Distance: 2 miles
Weather: Cloudy and crisp
Per mile: 11:39

I gave myself some serious stomach cramps on this one. I'm going to have to step it up in the next couple of weeks so I'll be ready to start training again.

My sister is training to do her first 5k ever. I'm so proud of her. My parents aren't what you'd call 'athletic', although early in her life my mom was really into skiing and then later in life she's been into walking. My mom might very well walk faster than I jog. Um... oh yeah, so my point is, we didn't have a lot to go by with my parents, I was involved in sports early on, but then kind of went the drugs and drinking direction in high school, my sister was an actress and a club type girl in high school. So I'm proud of her. I hope she sticks with it, but I know how hard these things can be.

I think I'm going to do the LA Marathon again. I'll decide by Nov. 11th, that's when I started training last year, so that's my deadline to decide.

3 comments:

wamez said...

Where do you think you need to be to start training? Is there a certain distance or pace that you feel you need to hit?

I'm not asking because I want to prove you wrong. I have no idea. I'm just curious.

Tamara said...

I think I need to be at about 10 miles a week to get back into shape for training. That's about what I was doing last year before I started upping the miles. I don't think I'll be able to take much time off my runs unless I learn how to do speed drills (which, I actually don't have much desire to do) I just want to make sure my legs and feet are ready for the intense miles to come.

TB said...

I just read this now! I'm still working at it - taking it slowly, but it's definitely not as hard as the first week and I feel good after a run/walk. I'd call it a run, but it's still more walking then running so I'd be a liar.