Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Week 2 of 18: 3 miles (1)

Distance: 3 miles
Course: 1 mile track, 2 miles steep up and downhill
Pace: 11.0 per mile
Weather: Crisp, dark

I almost talked myself out of this run tonight, but managed to force myself to get out there. I had to change up my course but it didn't help much seeing as I've run these places what seems like millions of times.

There's one part of the run where it's a choice between running in the bike lane or on this stone/grass path that has a couple of rooty trees and serious lack of lighting on it, and for some reason at top speed I decided it would be a good idea to run on it. I stumbled just in time to whack into a tree and almost poke my eye out. For some reason, that whole little incident sort of symbolizes why I run. I run because even if I almost fall, even if I get whacked in the face and almost poke my eye out, and the path is dark, and my lungs won't fill all the way, there is still ground in front of me and my feet are still moving across it.

No comments: