Saturday, November 18, 2006

Week 3 of 18: 3 miles (1)

Distance: 4 miles
Course: Rolling hills
Weather: cool, dusk
Pace: 11.92

Man. This has been an emotionally rough week for me. I don't know what the fuck happened but I was paralyzed with the weight of the world. It was pretty horrible. I would come home every night and just not want to see anyone, or talk, or move, or be touched. I let it get the best of me, and instead of taking control of the situation (which, now that I'm through it, can see ways that I could have taken control) and gone for a run, pampered my body that way, instead of coddling myself into believing I was unable to do it.

Anyway, today is the first time I've run since last weekend and instead of doing one of the three milers, I decided to do the 4 miler. I've promised myself from this day forward that I'm going to meet each run as it comes instead of thinking about the whole week in front of me. Right now I'm just too easily overwhelmed to look at my training any farther than what is scheduled for that day.

It was a tough run back. I had major cramps. I couldn't find my lungs. But in spite of all that, my legs felt good. My form felt good. It just felt good to be out of the house and acomplishing something.

One day at a time.

No comments: