Friday, November 24, 2006

Week 4 of 18: 3 miles (3)

Distance: 3.2
Course: rolling and steep hills
Weather: between warm and crisp, mid-morning
Pace: 11.66

It was a great run. It always feels good to go running before a full 8 hours of eating and drinking is to commence. That's 8 hours of eating, you read right. I think if I ever eat again, I'll be pretty surprised. Wait, that's not true, I had pumpkin pie for breakfast this morning.

Tomorrow I have a 9 mile run. I'm not sure how I'm going to do that. I'll be really happy if I make it without walking.

3 comments:

wamez said...

Wow! Your training program is crazy! Nine miles? Good luck. Don't kill yourself.

wamez said...

Oh, wait. I didn't see that you had a seven mile run fairly recently. I guess nine isn't that much farther. I mean, it will feel that much farther...

I thought you hadn't run more than four miles, and a nine mile run based on that would have been a bit much (for me, at least).

Enjoy.

Tamara said...

Yeah, it's weird, he gets you up to a high-ish mileage and then pulls you back for one week, then does a big bump. I'm not really sure on the theory behind this one, but it's kind of rough. I think I would have had an easier time if I hadn't skipped two of my runs last week.