Friday, November 03, 2006

Week 1 of 18: 3 miles (2)

Distance: 3 miles
Course: 1 mile track, 2 miles rolling hills
Weather: Crisp/Dark
Pace: 10.58

I'm not sure if that pace can actually be right, maybe I miss counted the number of laps I ran on the track? I don't know.

I felt like I was running on peg legs for the entire run. Every step kind of jarred me and made me feel like my feet were stumps instead of feet. I was supposed to have the night off from running today, but I stayed late at work for the last two nights and couldn't bear to move once I got home, so I'm paying for it this weekend.

Sweat is pouring down my back, and I guess this is probably not a very girly thing to say but it is actually one of my favorite things about running. I love the feeling that my body has recognized how hard I worked and is calling all systems to put some coolant on the works. It makes me feel like a machine, not a peg legged freak. (Not that I think people with peg legs are freaks, I would just feel like a freak if I had peg legs.)

No comments: