Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Week 2: Run 1

Scheduled: 3
Actual: 3
RPE: 3

This is what goes on in my head on my way home from work, and then when I'm actually home, and then when I'm getting dressed for my run, and then as I'm procrastinating by fooling around with the TiVo.

You could just run tomorrow, it's super cold. But it will be cold tomorrow. And you hate waking up. You could run tomorrow night. But then you'll have to run three days in a row and you won't enjoy tonight like you will tomorrow when you don't have to run. Who are you to tell me that I won't enjoy not running? But you'll feel so superior and smug if you just run tonight. I'm not running TONIGHT! I am eating. I will eat tonight. Eat and watch tv and catch up with myself. I should go for a run though. It will be so much better if I just run in the morning. It will be brisk. It will be freezing. But the street lights are out again tonight and it is dark. And it is cold. I will run tomorrow. Or just get dressed and see how I feel. I will put on these bandaids and then I will have to run. But it sure is looking dark and cold. Tomorrow morning will be dark and colder and you know how you feel about waking up.

And on. And on. And on. Until I'm finally on the track, running. Freezing. But feeling very smug for convincing myself to just get it over with. I hope this gets easier. Or it warms up. Or someone gives me some awesome running gear for Christmas.

2 comments:

Phil said...

Or you could quit your job and run anytime of day you want!

Tamara said...

I don't see a job loss in the near future. But... it does sound so tantalizing!