Thursday, December 08, 2005

Week 2: Run 2

Scheduled: 4
Actual: 4
RPE: 3

I fully expected as I set out for my run to have nothing to say about it this morning. I write these entries as I'm running sometimes. Thinking about how to cleverly tell you that I had cramps that made me want to crap my pants is a good way to forget that those cramps are real and that I might actually crap my pants.

I had 4 miles to run last night, and was planning on doing it all on the track. On my drive home when I hit Vermont, I saw my mileage thing tick over. My tripometer doesn't work, so I can't see tenths of a mile. I watched it my odometer until it went to another mile, which conveniently happened right in front of my house. So as I rounded lap 7 on the track I started to think if I did my second 2 miles on the street it might ease some of the boredom. All of lap 8 I was freaked out about leaving the track, which is when I decided that I needed a little push out of my comfort zone and onto the street. The rest of the run was nice, it felt good to run through my neighborhood. My only problem was the stop lights. I'm not comfortable with jogging in place, especially at big intersections. I feel like everyone is watching me. So, I just stand there. And then I think everyone's judging me for not running in place. The inside of my head is very tormented. I don't really know what to do about it, except try to not think about all the cars and all the people in the cars, especially since when I run the marathon there will be a lot of people specifically standing on the side of the road to watch me (and thousands of other people) run.

Yesterday was my 4 week anniversary of quitting smoking. Yay me!

No comments: