Thursday, November 17, 2005

Week 1 (Part 2): Run 2

Scheduled: 4
Actual: 4
RPE: 3

This wasn't a tough run. I think my lungs are finally starting to feel the effects of not smoking and it's affecting my run in a positive way. (I have no idea how to use 'effect' and 'affect'.)

I worked on my breathing and my arm form, still very confused about what they're supposed to do, but it's coming along. They feel best, oddly enough, when I drop my arms completely and then slightly bend them at the elbow. So basically I look like a girl I used to watch at the track who I thought ran weird. I would think terrible thoughts about her Seinfeld-esque arms. Like she was some sort of freak. Now, I am the freak.

My iPod continues to plague me. Last night the power died at mile 1.5. I had nothing to keep me from going crazy while running like a hamster on a wheel around that track. The book says I'm supposed to try and be more positive about shit like that. Like if my legs start to hurt, I'm supposed to think, "Hello pain, come run with me." But when my iPod dies, all I can think is, "Goddammit! COME RUN WITH ME BITCH! WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU!??" And that doesn't seem very positive.

Run tonight: 3 miles

1 comment:

JQ said...

Are you reading any kind of book / magazine? Where do you get your tips? By the way - AWESOME YOU! You inspired me to go for a run yesterday.