Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Week 1: Run 1

So, I officially started the marathon training last night.

Scheduled Distance: 3 miles
Actual Distance: 3 miles
RPE: 4

(those stats are for me)

I had a long talk with Allie about the LA Marathon (she ran it 2 or 3 years ago) and she gave me a little boost, saying, "You could totally do it. Not that it's easy, but if you're training, you could totally do it." So, yesterday I started. I ran 3 miles and thought I was going to die. The pack a day habit is over. Starting.... NOW! I didn't have my usual 3-4 cigarettes on the way to work. I thought about that 4-5 times. So that wasn't so bad. Louie is in for a treat! I might be cranky, but I won't taste like cigarettes!

Tonight I will be running 4 miles.

5 comments:

Hotspur said...

What's RPE?

Sally said...

Yeah, what hotspur said.

I'm sending good vibes your way to make your goal.

akachris said...

Good luck. I'm suppose to run in next year's NYC Marathon

Phil said...

That's awesome Tamara! I'm curious - where do you run? In the streets? A local park? The treadmill?

JQ said...

Go T$!