Monday, November 21, 2005

Week 1 (Part 2): Run 4

Scheduled: 5
Actual: 5
RPE: 5

I had a really tough time on this run. Cramping around mile 1.5 (again. I must be pushing too hard in that first mile...) and then I started to feel really thirsty (It was 90 degrees out. In NOVEMBER!) and then I got the chills. Which, I'm no doctor, but know that's not the best thing to be happening to your body when you're exercising in the heat. So I slowed way down, still running, and instead of going into the park I went up Riverside along the I-5 (not recommended).

I survived, but honestly, I was beat. My feet were tore up and I wanted to quit. I have to figure out how to keep my feet from shredding every long run, and also how to carry a water bottle with out wanting to fling it away from me at the first sign of trouble.

1 comment:

TB said...

Maybe you should go to a good athletic shoe store and get your feet fitted? Do you have a Jock and Jill there?