Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Week 1 (Part 3): Run 1

Scheduled: 3
Actual: 3
RPE: 3-4

Running on the track is kind of awesome and kind of the worst thing ever. But let me start at the beginning.

I got home last night starving. I think my stomach stretched a bit from all the eating I did this weekend and I couldn't wait to snarf down leftover chicken, stuffing, potatoes and corn casserole. Then I put on my pajamas and made like I was not going to run. "Fuck it," I thought to myself. I don't have to do anything. I'll run when I want to. I got under the covers and watched Desperate Housewives and Related. Which is when I decided to get up and go for a run.

Now, running on the track has its goods and its bads. Goods, flat terrain, soft surface, easy run. Bads, sometimes I forget which lap I'm on (twice it happened last night), sometimes there are people hovering behind me, pacing me (I'm super slow, I don't know why anyone would want to pace me) and sometimes it's super boring. That aside, I do like the track. I like having other runners around. It makes me feel more safe. And I like that it's close to my house. I can run 3 miles without having to run 3 miles away from home. Last night for some reason I could not keep track of which lap I was on. I was working on my breathing and my form and every time I'd round the start bend I'd think, "Was that 7 or 8? Shit." So, I ran until I'd run 32 minutes because I wasn't sure if I was really counting right and when I finished three miles in under 30, I was sure I'd screwed up. I have no idea what my point was.

Also I ate a shit load of Peanut M&Ms yesterday. I felt really guilty about it. Hopefully the cravings for food are going to settle soon.

No comments: