Thursday, January 05, 2006

Week 6: Run 2

Scheduled: 5
Actual: 5
RPE: 4

I had a very confusing run last night, I'm not actually sure how far I ran because I lost count somehow of my laps on the track and then sort of figured out that my track is not 1/4 mile and it all became very frustrating so I ran off the track through my neighborhood and that's when the dude in the white serial killer van started following me. I'm not kidding.

I ran up the street and some jack-hole was sitting at the four way stop with his right turn blinker on, but clearly was not going anywhere and fucking up traffic quite nicely. This jack-hole happened to be driving a white serial killer van. As soon as I ran up the street, white serial killer van decided to follow me. Which is exactly my biggest fear. (I've seen Silence of the Lambs way too many times to not worry about shit like this.) Much to my surprise though I was feeling very tough (I think it helped that Catch was playing Eminem). And I kept running, keeping my eye on serial killer. He finally pulled ahead of me and then was stopped at another stupidly traffic blocking spot, again looking like a moron. I'd like to think that he was just some lost asshole contractor looking for an address, but honestly, I'm pretty sure he was up to no good. Thankfully I look pretty tough when I'm running (I have a blood stain on my shirt from where I sort of half pulled off a mole on my back while running, ew, I know) and nothing came of it, but this is why I'm going to need to invest in some pepper spray.

No comments: