Monday, January 16, 2006

Week 7: Run 4

Scheduled: 12
Actual: 12
RPE: 4-5

So... I had a long run on Saturday morning. It was misting a bit when I started out, but I've been through this before, I've run in Seattle, so I thought... it'll be fine.

An hour later I was soaking wet and kind of wishing I had a nice treadmill somewhere that I could finish up on. Then I realized, it might very well rain during the marathon. So I kept running. Some guy coming up the huge hill on Los Feliz Blvd. as I was running down it, equally soaked, and totally smiling, wished me a good morning. I did the same to him. I sang my songs out loud to fend off the fear that I would just quit and never think about running again.

It was the most difficult run I've done to date, and not just because of the distance, because I ran a lot more hills and it was pouring for a good 30 minutes of the 2 hour and 24 minute run. I was exhausted when I got home, but I survived it. And I can do it again.

3 comments:

JQ said...

Wow! You kick ass! I'm so impressed - it's kind of inspirational to read this blog. Go, T!

Tamara said...

Thanks, JQ. I hope I can keep it up, my knee is kind of swollen and I don't want to do permanent damage.

JQ said...

Youch - no. Knees are pretty important. Hope you're feeling better!